Saturday, July 09, 2011

It's That Time of Year

Summer Soccer time again.

DSC_7850
The season is off to a great start.  Not only is she doing summer soccer but is also working out every day with the high school team.  Fall is going to be a busy time, between football and soccer.

Her first game she scored 2 goals and 1 goal the second game.  Where are the pictures you ask?  I had may camera in hand but missed the shot on all three of them.  The last goal the coach had the nerve to be in my way. 

A cute story.  The goalie gloves she is wearing belong to her coach and they smell really bad.  As she was putting them on, one of the boys on the team grabbed his bag and dug out his gloves for her.  The next game she takes the field wearing the stinky gloves.  On the side line he is digging in his bag for his gloves, looks to the field and says, "oh, I guess she doesn't need them."  I mention this to Meg and she runs over and asks if she can borrow his gloves again.  Huge smile on his face as he gets them for her. Jessie and I watch this scene play out and giggle. I tell Steve the story and he says "tell him she won't be needing his gloves, we will be buying her some."  More giggles from Jessie and I. 

We are looking forward to my parents visiting this week.  They will be here on Thursday and are staying for almost 2 weeks.

No comments: