Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Stevie Update

Steve had his hernia surgery today. It was not the typical hernia surgery this one was very intense and pretty major.

He came through surgery fine but the poor guy is in a lot of pain today. When I brought Megan and Jason over tonight to say good night, he was looking much better. I was a little bugged that his dinner of jello and clear chicken soup came when I was gone with the kids. I wasn't there to force him to eat so he didn't and his tummy was bugging him tonight. It's the Portuguese in me, I sounded like my Aunt Lou tonight. "Are you hungry, you need to eat something, are you sure, just a bite."

Some small town stuff from today: We know Steve's nurse's father, One of the surgery nurses son plays baseball with Anthony, ran into Jason's Sunday school teacher from last year, ran into Megan's soccer coach twice on my way to the cafeteria and saw a friend rush into ER with his teenage daughter and I have not had time to get a hold of them to see if she is OK.

That is it for tonight. I am going to put the two youngest to bed and fall asleep in my chair waiting for Anthony's bus to get in. He had a baseball game in Idaho tonight.

No comments: