Friday, October 09, 2009

Emotional Week

My Mom went home on Thursday. Everyone here is really missing her, even the dog. She was a huge help and I couldn't have done it without her.

Yesterday, I did something I have been thinking about for a while. I quit my job. I really thought I could homeschool Jason and work at the same time. The reality is, that I can't do both and I am really going to miss working with the kids.

Homeschooling Jason has taken a real turn. It was very difficult to make him understand that even though he is home he still has to learn. He thought he could just hang out and watch tv all day. Last Friday, I made him sit down with his spelling words and would not let him get up until he was finished. It should have taken him 15 minutes but it took over an hour. Since he has decided to give focusing a try, he has really improved his work. His last two spelling test, in fact, where a 100%. He also said something yesterday that I thought I would never hear. He said "this is fun". He was talking about his spelling notebook. I am looking forward to being done with work because I have a lot of things planned to do with him.

We took Steve to see his doctor today and he was told he is healing nicely. We spent the day there just shopping and hanging out at a couple of different parks. There are stores in this town we don't have here. We hit Staples, JoAnns and the bread store. We now have enough bread to last us until Christmas.

Here is a picture from today. I have lots more but I only have enough time to upload one. Have a great weekend.

2009_10090138

No comments: