Saturday, October 03, 2009

Thanks Mom

The last time Steve had this surgery done, I did it alone. When we moved away for California I knew there would be some serious downsides. Not being there to share in birthdays, Sunday dinners, 49ner games and helping our close family when they need it. Right now we really wish we where closer so we can help support Steve's family. This is a difficult time for them and we wish we could do something to help. The only thing we can do is pray and we do that a lot.

Moving away also means not much support for me when I need it. When Steve had his surgery last year, we survived it but I realized I didn't want to do that alone again. When Steve found out that he had to have this surgery again my Mom decided to fly up here and give me a hand. It has been wonderful having her here. I was able to take Steve to the hospital and spend the night there without worry about the kids. She has made sure we have a wonderful meals and clean cloths. I haven't had to worry about getting the kids to school or anything else. We might just not let her go home this week.

2009_10030178
She has been a great sport about keeping up with our schedules. Tonight for instance, Anthony is going to his girlfriends homecoming (in a different town) and we won't be eating dinner until after 7:30pm. She is just going with the flow. When she arrived it was warm and sunny here. Look at this picture taken today. We are at Megan's soccer game. It's 37 degrees and we are supposed to have snow tonight. We went to Walmart yesterday so she could get warmer cloths and Anthony let her borrow a warmer sweat shirt.

Thanks for being here Mom, I don't know what I would have done without you.

No comments: