Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Christmas Fantasy Destroyed


Ok, that might be a little over dramatic.

Let me start from the beginning. I have been following The Pioneer Woman's blog for the last couple of years. She posts stories about her life as a cattle ranchers wife, homeschooling her children, photography and cooking. This past year she has written and published a cookbook. Like the rest of her fans I have been waiting for this cookbook to be finished. Many of the recipes she post's on her blog have become some of our family favorites.


So back to my Christmas fantasy..... I ordered (as a gift from my family) her new cookbook. I did this on the 16th of December and had it shipped 2-3 days. Paid extra for that. I was going to open that book last on Christmas morning. While the family was playing their new video games I would sit in my rocking chair, feet in my new fluffy slippers (thanks kids, I love them) in front of the fire and read cover to cover my new cookbook.

I think you know how this story is going to play out. I didn't get my cookbook. You know what else, I still don't have it. It is in some post office warehouse in Kentucky. I want to be clear about this, I am in no way slamming our local post office. I have no issues with them. My gripe is with either Walmart how didn't ship 2-3 days and shipped "when hell freezes over" instead. Or the post office who is using my beloved book as a door stop.

Walmart required that I wait until today for them to either reship or get a credit. Now I have to decide what to do. Either way I will get my hands on that cookbook. The joys of living in a small town, they don't have this book anywhere.

I will keep you posted.

No comments: