Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Time In Eastern Oregon

All week, beautiful and sunny. We had snow in the forecast for Monday and Tuesday, that has changed to rain. Who cares you say. It's spring break, stay inside, enjoy. It is also the beginning of baseball. Anthony has games both Monday and Tuesday. It probably won't rain, it will be just cold and windy.

I know it doesn't sound like it, but I am really not complaining. I love this kind of weather. It also means that summer is just around the corner. The kids and I are all on spring break. We follow the public school schedule with Jason. It makes that much easier. I am looking forward to next year. Jason will be studying American History and his books look like fun. I took a peek at what I would teach Anthony and Megan if I where teaching them. Both would be in American history as well, but Anthony would be doing government. That would be so fun to work with him on, but he is totally not interested. Both Anthony's and Megan's list of books that they would read are some of my favorites. Little do they know that I am going to make them read them anyway. HaHa "It's good to be the king." Sorry a quote from a Mel Brooks movie, and one of my favorite quotes. Oh and this one (using my best English accent) "I'M THE KING OF ENGLAND, DO HAS I COMMAND!" from the Tudors, shhhh I really don't watch that.

Anyway, not sure how I got from weather to the Tudors. We don't have any real big plans for spring break. We are going to make a trip to Boise. Check out the zoo, birds of prey and some other things. Maybe even a trip to Costco on our way home. We are keeping our fingers crossed that it won't be raining like it did last year.

No comments: