Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My New Toy

It started with this. A birthday gift from my parents a few years ago.
DSCF0074
I always loved taking pictures. This turned out to be a great camera. I took tons of pictures and still carry this around in my purse.

Then we decided to go to Disney Land. My beloved camera was getting old and very slow. I upgrade to this one.
DSC_1680
I really liked my first Fuji camera and decided to go that way. This one is a loaded up point and shoot. I could play around with aperture's and shutter speeds without having to make the big investment yet. I wasn't ready for that.

I learned alot with this camera. One of the most important things I learned, was what I really needed in a camera. I needed something I could shoot action pictures with and it would take good low light pictures. Let's face it, I spend most of my time watching some sort of sporting event. Jason is showing a real interest in the theater. I needed something that could do both of these.

I also had a real love for Nikon camera's and it started when I was a teenager. I always liked the way it feels in my hand and the buttons just make sense to me. I didn't read the professional reviews, I could care less. I would stop people at wrestling tournaments, football games, hiking and ask them what they thought of their camera's. Both Nikon owners and Cannon owners. I asked them what they liked and didn't like. What lenses they use the most and what they thought was a waste. I figured the best advice would come from people shooting the same kinds of pictures that I do. I even spent some time with the photographer from the sports department of the college and got his opinion. Each had it's pros and con's but it really came down to is, which one felt good in my hand.
my camera
Nikon won hands down. I ended up with the D3000 a entry level camera but one that will be perfect for me for now. Eventually someday I will upgrade but for now this baby is what I need. I have taken it every where and it has not failed me yet. With the camera came a very nice multi purpose lens but of course not one that would do the job I needed. I need to get good shots from a long ways away.

my lense
This baby is doing the trick. I absolutely love it. It makes the camera a lot heavier but the shots have been worth it. I have really gotten some great soccer shots and I can't wait until football season to start. With this camera comes some down falls. My ability to take a lot of shots fast, has given me hundreds of pictures to go through. And, there is a long list of lenses and other accessories that I now want to buy.
DSC_1662
Here is a picture of my little actor. He is fresh out of a stage makeup workshop.

So for now, I will stop complaining about needing a new camera. At least for a week or two.

No comments: