Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Recap

What a week it has been. This is what our street looked like the week before Christmas. We however didn't have a white Christmas. The winds picked up and took care of most of the snow. I am always a little sorry when the snow melts however I am never sad to see the ice go. Unfortunately these nice snowy streets become ice very quickly.
DSC_5643
Anthony had a wrestling tournament the weekend before Christmas. We had a lot going on that Saturday and Steve and I divided up the list. It meant he would take Anthony, I would meet up with him in a nearby town to watch part of the tournament and go to a play with the Church's youth group. This is what we woke up to. A total surprise. There was no way Steve's car was going to make it and we had to totally rework our schedule. Things worked out and we had a great time. Anthony took 3rd place in the tournament. I took this picture at 7:00am, standing in the middle of the street, in my pajamas and boots. My neighbors are used to me doing this kind of crazy stuff.

DSC_5648
For the last 4 years, some combination of my kids sing in the Christmas Eve Choir. Megan sometimes sings and sometimes not. You can see her standing behind the piano and Jason is on the top left. Steve had to work this year so it was just Anthony and I in the pew's. After mass we headed out to dinner. We had a couple of hours to kill before the movie started so we went home to change. We started the movie on Christmas Eve tradition the first year we moved from Sacramento. It was tough not having something to do that first Christmas Eve and we headed to the mall to wander around. We saw the movie theater was open and decided to check it out. We have been doing it ever since. We have had lots of invitations to go other places but we have always stuck to our Christmas eve movie. It just gives us a chance to relax after all the craziness of getting ready for the big day.

Getting reading for the movie I discovered that I didn't have my debit card. I had it at the restaurant. Anthony jumped on the phone and found out that indeed the card was still at the restaurant. We had 20 minutes before the movie started. This would normally not be a problem because our town is just not that big. But the roads were icy and I needed gas. So it was off to the movies first, then out to the restaurant and finally to the gas station. We got home at midnight. Put the kids to bed, finished stockings and in bed by 1:30am. I don't think I mentioned that I woke up Christmas Eve morning with a cold.
DSC_5661
Steve got home around 5am and we were up at 8am ready for present time. Notice Anthony's poor face. I will talk about that in my wrestling post. 10 minutes later all the presents were unwrapped and everyone looking at me for our breakfast. Linguica and eggs, something my mom always made for Christmas breakfast.
DSC_5664
I wish I could say that my living room looks this good. This picture was taken before Jason started opening up all of his toys. Yes, Megan got an electric guitar and Anthony a new cell phone so he can text easier. We all know how important that is. The rest of the day was pretty mellow. I am still fighting the cold but feeling much better.

This time of year always makes us miss our families. We are saying extra prayers for our family members dealing with losses this holiday season. Steve's family is missing his Dad, my cousin and the loss of his wife and some friends of ours and the loss of their son. Each one of you are in our prayers.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

No comments: