Friday, April 13, 2012

It's Friday

And it is cold today.  Megan is getting ready to head out of town with her team tonight.  She has a game late tomorrow.  I had some other things planned on Saturday so I am unable to make this trip.  I am so glad for her soccer coach's who are willing to fill their cars and spend the night with these kids.  I am not sure I am that brave.




DSC_3311 

Jason and I don't typically do school on Fridays.  We instead will load up and spend time at the library.  Today I will be making the final decisions for next years school plan.  I pieced together my curriculum last year and I don't think I want to do that again.  Son Light is expensive but well worth the price.  I love their curriculum and all their books.  However, not going to do their science program or Bible study.  I have an idea of what I would like to cover next year in science.  Our local library has become very supportive of us  homeschoolers.  They have set up a whole section in the library geared to us.  They not only have great books but teaching tools as well. 

So much of the Homeschool curriculum out there is very Christian.  While I don't have a problem with the Christian materials, I have stumbled across a couple of books in the Son Light curriculum that are anti-Catholic.  So if I am going to include Bible study, I might as well teach him what our faith believes.  And I am not crazy about buying books that go against some of my beliefs and really not crazy about buying anything that I am not going to use.  Our priest at the church loves it when Jason comes to him with questions. What could be a better source?

What I really love about homeschooling, is that I am learning right along with Jason.  Well....and that we take Fridays off.  I really like that part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COOL PIC...keep shooting