Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July

I love this holiday. Not only because of it's obvious reasons but because it is a day we spend not only with my family and friends but with our community. This is one of the things Steve and I love about being in a small town. The whole town will be at the college stadium tonight for the fire work show. A little bit of luck and a lot of RR stupidity, Steve has today off.
We started the day at the high school band firework stand taking advice on what fireworks to buy from a bunch of high school kids. Who else would know what better to buy? Then off to the store for olives for pasta salad, which is a requirement for my 6 year old. Steve has taken the kids to the river for some swimming while I finish the pasta salad. I totally forgot to make it last night and I don't want to disappoint the little one. Then a bbq with some friends and off to the firework show. Of course return home for our own fireworks. It is only supposed to be in the high 90's today. We are saving the real heat for tomorrow during soccer practice.

Happy 4th of July

No comments: