Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Baby

I love that I can say to Jason, come on I need to practice taking some pictures. "Ok, Mom how about this and this and this." All the while he is giving me poses. He doesn't care that our neighbor stopped by to chat while we were taking the shots. He just cracks me up sometimes. He will even ask before we leave the house, "Mom, got the camera."

We didn't even wipe the dirt off his face for this one.
DSC_4564
Steve ended up in hospital over Halloween. It is a long story but he is ok. It has always been his thing to take the kids trick or treating. He loves the holiday. He the one who gets the pumpkins cut and ready (will post those pic's later) and the decorations up and out. Since Anthony was a baby he has never missed a Halloween with the kids. If you know anything at all about working the Rail Road you would realized just how hard this is for him to accomplish.

This year he had to miss it. Jenny, bless her heart came to the hospital early Sunday morning to let me know Jason could go trick or treating with them. Megan, who doesn't need us anymore, went with her friends. And Anthony, being a trooper, helped me at home so I could spend time with Steve.
DSC_4715
By that night, Steve was starting to get the first of his tests back and realized things where going to be ok. The nurses in ICU were angels and let me sneak Jason and Anthony in after visiting hours to see Steve. The nurse even let Jason trick or treat her. We could only stay about 5min because Steve was behaving badly. I talked to the kids about how Dad is ok, but the rest of the people in this unit are very sick. So no screwing around. I didn't give Steve the same lecture and he was the one screwing around. He kept trying to talk Jason out of his candy and kept plugging up the oxygen tubes so the monitors would go crazy.

Anyway, that is our Halloween wrap up. Have a good day.

No comments: