Friday, February 18, 2011

Wrestling Season is Over

Earlier this month I got the call that I really hate.  "Hey Mom, I won this morning but lost my last match.  I also, well....never mind I will tell you later."

"Anthony, what does that mean?"

"Nothing, we'll just talk later."

"Spill it buddy."

"I just screwed up my knee."

Screwed up is an understatement.  We are not sure and won't know anything until Monday morning, but it looks like tendon damage. We are keeping our fingers crossed that it is not going to require surgery, but as more time passes I am just not sure.  He can put weight on it but he still can not bend it at all. 

Needless to say, wrestling season is over for him.  He is really bummed.  He was going to compete this year in the World Tournament in Reno.  I will admit to being a bit excited about that myself.  And it puts football on the line for next season.  He is not at all happy about this.

So that is what is new with us.  That and Jason has been sick for the last couple of days.  I also have his birthday pictures that I haven't even looked at yet.  I guess I better get to work.

A little information on the picture of Anthony below.  It was spirit day at the high school and the kids are supposed to wear blue and white.  You may recognize the socks, those are Megan's.  The snowboard in his hands (which will not be used until next winter)  is the one we got him for his birthday.  He found out that his bindings were in and he came home to grab the board and off to the sports shop.  I asked him if he was going to change and he looked at me and said, "ah......my bindings are in."  So off he went around town wearing this outfit. 

Gotta love the kid.  This picture was taken the weekend before he messed up his knee.  The good news is, he did get a chance to spend the day on the slopes before he hurt himself.

No comments: