Sunday, April 03, 2011

Fun Day

I tried and tried for a new header picture, but it just didn't work out.  It may be spring but no one has let mother nature know. Everything was very drab and dull.  So I just pulled a picture from the past.  I wish our trees had blooms.

So instead I took pictures of wild turkeys.  They didn't come out.  Not because of camera settings but because I was laughing to hard. The male turkeys get all puffy feathers(scientific term) when the females are around.  Well, they were puffy feathers when we started to take pictures but stopped.  Steve then decided to cackle like a turkey.  And the stupid things cackled back and got all puffy.  It was the funnest thing.  I wish I had it on video.

Steve wanted to me to take pictures of the llamas or mamas and Jason used to say.
DSC_6730

They were grazing in the pasture when we pulled up and only two stopped to watch me.  That was until I started to talk to them.  Then they all started walking toward me.  I asked Steve, "Do llamas attack."  No, but they do spit, so I only got so close.

Some like to pose.  This one cracked me up.  He clearly wanted his picture taken.
DSC_6723

He even smiled for me.


DSC_6724

Show me your smile.

DSC_6725

It was just good to get out today and get some fresh air.  I hope the sunshine stays around for a couple of days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new Header Picture.
That's how the trees look in Sacramento.
Good job.
Dad.

Chris, Head Zoo Keeper said...

I wish they looked like that here. Any bloom that starts is blown off by the wind. It's still dropping below freezing here.