Friday, April 01, 2011

The School Week is Over

It is for the kid I am homeschooling.  It's our first week back from Spring break and it was a hard long week.  One of the advantages to homeschooling is you can set your own schedule.  Since I have two kids in the public schools, I fit Jasons schedule to theirs.  Which is nice, it keeps me on track.  But sometimes it can be a pain. 

About a month ago we had a week where everyone was sick.  I just decided it would be easier if Jason had the week off.   Then there was the week that best friend Joey moved.  The boys made a very heart wrenching plea for Jason to have that week off.  I caved. 

If you have read some of my previous post's you would know how I feel about schedules.  They rule my life.  For those of you keeping track:  If I want to finish Jason's school year at the same time the older two finish, I am two weeks behind. 

I gave Jason the choice.  Give up Spring break and work one week into summer vacation or give up our Fridays off for the rest of the year.  He choose the Friday option.  I told him that if we work really hard, we will be completely caught up by mid May.  He choose to work even harder and got an amazing amount of work done this week.  At this rate we will be caught up by the end of April.  Plus, he told me he would choose to pay attention as well.  What a deal!!!!

I also received a note home from his extra reading teacher.  He has jumped up yet another reading level.  She is hoping we have him at grade level by the end of this year.  I can't tell you how happy we are with that news. 

There is lots going on here and I will post more later.  I am off to the park and enjoy the sun while it lasts.

No comments: