Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tired

That's how I feel today......Tired.

Steve and I (mostly Steve) are planning a huge event at our church this weekend.  Steve had only a month and a half to pull this off.  I will let you know how it goes.  Right now, it's come down to a lot of prayer to pull this thing off.

Any way....as you can imagine, there have been lots of phone calls between us and the church.  It is not unusual to see one of the church numbers pop up on our caller id.  I can tell who it is by the number.  One for the secretary, one for the office manager and one for the kitchen.  Since Charlene has retired I don't receive as many calls from the kitchen as I used to.

Last night I went to bed early.  I needed some sleep big time.  Jason and I had an argument about salad last night.  That's when I said to him, "both of us are going to bed early."  Sports practices, school, planing out our homeschool schedule and this church event is killing my sleep.

So at 12:30am I get a phone call.  Half asleep I can't find the phone.  Anthony's comes in and said, "it's the church."  It can't be, Father is out of town and no one should be there.  A couple of years ago, we did have some problems with people getting into the church. 

I check out the caller id and realize it's coming from the church kitchen.  Have I ever mentioned that there is a joke between us and another family that the church is haunted.  Then last year a person from the church told us a story about some very strange things that have happened there.  Someone also told us about a possible exorcism there.  Ok,  you didn't hear that from me.  So of course, me being me....and that I have watched way to much Ghost Adventures, that is the first thing I think of.

I call Steve, who is out of town, tell him whats going on.  He says, "No, one is suppose to be there, you need to call the police."  If someone is calling why would they be calling from the kitchen.  In the mean time, another call...this time they ask from someone and we have no idea who it is.  I call the police.

This dispatcher sends some one over, literally across the street.  And was amazed that I knew what phone the call came from.  Anthony and I (you were too Anthony) were a bit freaked out.  I decide to take a look at the church directory.  There is a lady with the name the man gave us that goes to our church.  And all the numbers in the phone number are the same as ours on two numbers are reversed. The directory has pictures so I look up this lady's picture and sure enough it is of her and her family.

Anthony says they look familiar, but it's a little difficult because the directory is 3 years old.  Then it hits me.  The lady's son is our new acting priest and had every right to be in the church.  And would be making a call from the kitchen because he wouldn't have keys to the office.  What are the odds that our numbers would be that close and we are active members of that church.

Sorry David......I will buy you a pulled pork sandwich this weekend.

No comments: