Monday, January 19, 2009

3 Day Weekends

Oh, how I love them. My mood has improved since my last post. I think it has much to do with leaving town this weekend.
Wrestling Tourn. 1/09
Anthony has a wrestling tournament in Bend Oregon this weekend and we decided to make the trip. I am so glad we did. First off, the kids loved the hotel room. It had a fireplace in our room which they kept turning off and on. They only real problem with the trip was the drive. We hit a lot of freezing fog. I think out of all the weather conditions we experience, fog would be my least favorite.
Wrestling Tourn. 1/09
This was not a normal wrestling tournament for Anthony. He had to beat out guys on his own team to qualify to go. His weight class was raised to 140 and in my opinion "Thank Goodness". I know that someday I will have to explain healthy weight gain and loss to my daughter. I never in a million years would have thought I would have that conversation with my son. It is crazy what these boys are doing to their bodies. After this season is over, they will start trying to bulk up for football.
Wrestling Tourn. 1/09
Wrestling Tourn. 1/09
Back to the tournament. Anthony came in 7th place which is very good for him. His coach said it was the best he had seen him wrestle. I really do not like this sport. I don't like watching my baby being twisted and turned in all different directions. My answer is to sit up in the stands and take pictures. Which I think I took about 100 of just one match.
Wrestling Tourn. 1/09
Wrestling 1/09
There was a few bad sides of the trip. One, of course, was the fog. The new header picture for my blog was taken in Bend. That is what freezing fog does to the plants and trees. Absolutely gorgeous. Second bad thing, Megan and Jason really like Michael Jackson. His music from the 80's and they listened to it over and over. Here is their Thriller poise.
Wrestling Tourn. 1/09
Up coming events this week: Anthony turns 15 let the drivers permit negotiation's begin.Wrestling Tourn. 1/09

No comments: