Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year and Old Friends

I joined Facebook a couple of years ago but never really played on it. A couple of months ago I was bored and decided to see if I knew anyone there. It started with finding one person, that was cool. Through that person I found a couple of more. Today I have reconnected with old classmates, relatives and friends I haven't talked to in years. Some are just a couple of miles from us and others on the other side of the world. I told Steve to give it a try and he is reconnecting with people. This has been tons of fun.

While it has been fun getting back it touch with people, there has been one couple that has been on our minds for a while. Steve had been friends with Blake and his twin brother Mark since high school. For years after high school Blake and his wife Elaine remained very close friends of ours. We would spend weekends at each others house's and just had great times together.

Life happens and we both just started getting busy. Kids, jobs and moving, we just started getting together less and less. Until we lost complete contact.

A couple of days before Christmas Steve's Dad ran into Blake. Numbers where exchanged and contact has been made. I for one am so glad. We missed them and it is good to be talking to them again. Steve and I have been remembering different stories and laughing. The kids think we are nuts.

I pulled out an old photo album looking for some pictures. Sorry guys this is what I found. I need to find some of the pictures from the Halloween party at our apartment. You guys remember..... the boys and their costumes. And don't laugh to hard Mark. Steve is working on getting in touch with you too and I have a picture of you as batman.

1000 years ago

No comments: