Friday, January 16, 2009

If You Can't Say Something Nice.....

It has just been one of those weeks. If it could go wrong then it did. I tried making a couple of posts to this blog, but I realized it was just a bunch of whining. Who needs to hear that.

The winner of "who had the crappiest week" would be Jason. I am not going to post the details but I will say how proud I am of this kid. Actually, of his brother and sister too, for being a support to him and not giving him a hard time. It's hell to grow up.

Steve and I have not been pleased with the school system here. I am not talking about the teachers, it's the Oregon school system that has me fried. Let's just say that by the end of this week we are almost sure that we will be pulling Jason out to home school him. This has not been an easy decision and one we are still working on. At this point we are not sure if Megan will continue at the school as well.

My thought has been this: The reason these kids are doing as well as they are, is because of what we are doing with them at home. With Jason, I am literally reteaching him what he has already done that day in school. Why not just cut out the hours he spends at school and teach him at home.

So that in a nut shell is what our week has been like. On a good note, Anthony is wrestling a higher weight class this weekend. This has been a power struggle with him and us for the last few weeks. We have finally convinced him that at 5'10" he is not suppose to be 125lbs. Since he moved up in weight the kid is in a much better mood. Well, better mood for a teenager. So, we are headed out of town tonight to watch him.

Here is a picture of the family bowling this past weekend. I will add at this point, that bowling on the Wii is not good practice for regular bowling.

Bowling

No comments: