Thursday, June 04, 2009

88 More Days

It's a cruel joke but I can't help myself. Today is the last day of school for this family. I woke the kids up this morning the same way I have since Anthony was in Kindergarten.

"Everyone get up, it's the last day of school. 88 more days until the next school year starts." I am laughing as I post this. This usually earns an eye roll from the oldest two, but the little one lost it.

"WHAT, THAT'S ALL OF SUMMER. THAT'S NOT ENOUGH TIME. IT'S ALMOST OVER." I had to show him the calendar to get him to relax. I am an awful parent, because I am still chuckling. The really bad thing is, I will do this a couple of more times during the summer. To be fare, I also do this during the school year too.

I have a love life update on the oldest child in the house. As of Monday he has a girl friend but don't get to worked up, it might be over all ready. She yelled at him for spending too much time with his friends. She's in trouble because Anthony and his two best friends I think share a brain. I will keep you posted. Hopefully she doesn't read this.

Beware of future post's: The school district budget committee will meet tonight and vote on budget cuts for next year. One of the cuts proposed is sports and activities. I am just warning you, I might not be a happy camper.

That is it for now. I have a bbq with Jason that I need to get ready for. Maybe I will mention to his buddies that there is only 88 days of summer left. hehehehe

Hey....... wait a minute, that means I only have 88 more days till I have to go back to work. This is suddenly not so funny.

No comments: