Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Micheal Jackson

My thoughts on the passing of Micheal Jackson.
My earliest memory of him was when I was little. Not really sure how old I was but the Jackson 5 was my first record. I remember my blue little turn table, standing in front of the mirror and signing his songs.

"ABC", "One Bad Apple" and of course "I'll Be There" where my favorite songs. I watched the Motown 25th anniversary and saw the moon walk. I sat with my friends and watched "Thriller" on MTV. Back when MTV was nothing but music videos. These old songs brings back some really good childhood memories. I remember staying at my Aunt and Uncles house during the summer. Going with Gina for drives around the vineyards in Lodi. Popping in good old Motown music in her eight track tape player. As Jason would say "Good times, good times".

His bad childhood and all the things he did to his body when nobody new any better, I am sure contributed to who he became. In all the craziness that his life became, I forgot just how good his music is.

All three of my kids like his music. Several months ago they saw the video "Thriller" and where hooked. They had no idea just how old that song was or the history it made. Jason and Megan both have his songs on their Ipods. I remember liking Elvis and watching his funeral on TV with my Mom. Today Megan is watching Michael Jackson's funeral with me.

No comments: