Sunday, July 05, 2009

Peaceful Sunday

I will be honest, it's peaceful because the kids are still asleep.

We had a very nice day yesterday. Some friends of ours invited us to their home for a bbq. They have a beautiful house that overlooks the valley. We sat around and had great food and talked about everything from fishing to politics. We could have stayed there to watch the fireworks but there is something so American feeling about being at the stadium. It starts with the small town band playing some great old rock, the stadium being lined with American flags and being mauled by cheerleaders to buy their cookies.

The fireworks show was a little shorter this year. Our fireworks show is a community sponsored event. Our little town is so hard hit by the economy it amazed me that we still had such a good show. For those keeping track, we had another plant close last week. If the "cap and trade" goes ahead, it will be devastating to Eastern Oregon.

Jason danced while the band played, Megan scoped out the area looking for friends. Anthony helped the cheerleader's sell their cookies. I think there is one cheerleader in particular that he might like, just a little bit. Andrew and Skeeter showed up and then joined us at our house to light our fireworks. Our 4th of July wouldn't be the same without Andrew and Skeeter.

The most shocking thing to happen this 4th: I only took pictures of the fireworks. The rest of the time, I sat and just relaxed. I hope everyone's 4th was just as good.

Here is one picture of the fireworks. Not a good one, but what do you expect when I am balancing the camera on my chest and holding my breath. I didn't want to be bothered with a tripod.
DSCF0523

No comments: