Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A Favorite Book

One of my new favorite books that we use in our home school science program.

I said last year that I just wasn't crazy about the science program. I was giving it one more year before I started looking for something different.

However, this year I am enjoying it. We started the year off with cell structure. Jason caught on quickly and after all these years I think I finally get it too.

We talked about cell differences between plants and animals. So now we are talking about different animals and later we will go back to plants. Jason will get a chance to use his new microscope and he will be doing a lot of planting.

The thing I like most about this book is, it is Internet linked.
You go to their website and type in the page number you are working on. It gives you updated links to websites for more information, videos and games related to that animal. The video on swarming bats kind of creeped us out. We also saw a video on pangolin's and river dolphins that help fishermen catch fish. Who knew. Of course I could search for this information on my own, but who has time for that.

In the future I will be checking out more of these Usborne Internet linked books.

No comments: