Friday, October 01, 2010

Another Teenager

It has come to my attention that I may have missed posting about a couple of important events.
One of which, Steve and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 20 years and Steve feels like it's been longer.

More importantly, my baby girl is 13. We celebrated in Sacramento which is something we haven't done since she was 2 years old. She is caught between wanting to be an older more mature teenager and still wanting to be a ninja.

DSC_2071

I love how she is just herself and won't let anyone else tell her who she should be.

I love how she is not afraid to stand up for her friends no matter what others think.

I love how she asked for permission to punch a boy for making fun of her hat. We said no.

I love how she is rough and tough but still gentle when it comes to little kids and animals.

I love her creativity.

I love her signing voice and how she chooses not to use it.

I love how just when we think we have her figured out she changes everything.

Happy 13th Birthday sweetie.

No comments: