Thursday, September 08, 2011

Gift of Dyslexia

What a goofball.  I forgot to post the name of the book I posted about yesterday.

I highly recommend it.  I did a little research yesterday to see if anyone had anything negative to say about the book.  I found only one person and he clearly doesn't understand dyslexia.  His problem with the book was that it charged money.  And his advice to parents who are dealing with dyslexia was:  help them with their homework and buy them a computer.  My question to him was:  and test taking, how about the new state test Anthony has to take to get his diploma.  Very frustrating when your son knows how to do all the math problems but keeps bombing the test.  Hello......he can't read it. 

Update on Anthony:  He was so happy to report how much he read in class yesterday. 

Jason:  I don't think he is quite ready for the Orientation part of the book.  Again, hard to explain but he kept giving himself a headache yesterday.  I think we are going to start with symbol mystery and see how that goes first.

This book is a life changer for us.

No comments: