Saturday, September 17, 2011

High School Soccer


Megan's first soccer  game as a Lady Tiger. These two make a great team.  Gabby #14 scored 3 goals and Megan 1.  They won their first game 4-1.  This year Megan is playing both forward and keeper.

DSC_9098
A missed goal gets a reaction from the side lines.  Megan is #8 and she is wearing a ribbon in her hair.  Oh my, she never does that.  What has this world come to.

DSC_9111

The next practice Tiger (her coach) decided the keepers needed some diving on the ball practice.  I guess the field was muddy.  It took 3 washings to get this stuff clean.

  DSC_9091 

It worked.  The first picture is a little blurry of her, but you get the idea. 

DSC_9211DSC_9212 

  DSC_9213 DSC_9214 
  DSC_9216 DSC_9218 DSC_9219 

 This last picture is of Gabby congratulating Megan on her goal.  Megan took 6 shoots before scoring this one.  Her old coach came up to her and said, "I knew you wouldn't leave that field until you got your goal."  No pictures of her scoring.  As I explained to both her and Anthony, (I missed taking a picture of a killer tackle that Anthony made) I get so excited and start cheer that I forget about the pictures. 



DSC_9236 

They too are not playing any league games yet.  These teams they are playing right now are from towns a lot closer to us.  However, these two teams are serious rival teams.  They are both really good and make for very good games.  The Lady Tigers won  both the first on 4-1 and second 5-1.  I can't wait to see these girls playing on the varsity team.  Watch out!!!!

No comments: