Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy Friday

It's football Friday again.  I love these nights.  Tonight however, I will be home listening to the game on the radio.  Another thing I love about small towns, high school football on the radio.  It's not that I don't want to go.  This will be the only game I miss this year.  The game is in a town over 3 hours away.  I am not making that trip in one night.  We would have to be back for Megans soccer game tomorrow morning. 

Since it's been a week since my last post, I didn't tell you about last weeks games.  Let's start with Megan, she scored a goal and they won the game 11 -1.  I think, I stopped keeping track.  I chatted with some friends and didn't take a lot of pictures.  As I explained to my wonderful daughter, I have over 500 pics from summer and already a couple of hundred from this season so far.  I have you covered.

I had been struggling a little bit with getting good, clear, action shots at night of the football games.  I practiced at last Friday nights game and I think I fixed the issue.  The really good shots won't be posted here.  The best shots of the night where of Anthony running with his guy, Anthony reaching to tackle him and then sliding down and the guy making a touch down. 

Other then that play, Anthony had a good night.  However, they lost.  In Anthonys words the score was, "a lot to a little."  His coach was kicked out of the game in the first half and has to sit out this weekend.  The boys could really use a win this weekend to get back on track.  After tonight they have next weekend off, then on to league play.

The next few days here will be interesting.  We are waiting for news of a strike.  The rail road and union have been in contract negotiations for over two years. The strike vote ends this weekend, so in the next few days we will hear whats happening.  It's been crazy here trying to help Steve get ready. 

The last couple of days have brought back many memories of being a kid.  I have memories of my Dad being on strike as a firefighter. I also remember walking to some store and seeing the picketers.  My Dad stopped and talked to the guys and then we turned around and left.  All he said was we don't cross the picket lines.  My Mom would drive, what seemed like forever, to get to a grocery store that employees where not on strike.

Remember the song from the early 80's "Look for the Union Label?"  I have been singing it for the last week.  I had to go online to find the words because I could only remember the first line.  I have also been quoting Norma Rae as well.  Steve really really wishes I would just stop. 

We have friends on both sides of this and I really hope all of this ends quickly and peacefully. 

No comments: