Monday, July 28, 2008

A Comedy of Errors

That is the best way to describe my day yesterday. The day started out ok., I had a bunch of annual reports that needed to be reviewed for MOMS Club. So I sat at the kitchen table with my last glass of Diet Pepsi (all cold and yummy in my favorite glass) and reports spread in front of me. Jason comes in for a quick chat and I ask him to please turn on the kitchen light for me. He reaches up, grabs the chain to the light on the fan and the glass globe comes down on his head and crashes all over everything. He starts crying but not because he is hurt but because it scared him. After making sure he was ok and no cuts I wanted to cry too. There was glass in my Diet Pepsi. I get that cleaned up and finish up my reports.

Time to get the dish washer going so I finish loading it. I drop and break a glass on the floor. Then turn around and knock over my big electric frying pan (which is kinda new) and break the handle off. Jason already knocked it over and broke the other handle. I looked at Anthony and said, "that's it I'm done, not going to touch another thing." He gets some change together and hops on his bike and went to buy me another Diet Pepsi. He knows I have a love for fountain drinks. What a good kid.

So the day pretty much mellows out. Anthony tells me about the wolves that make their way into his campsite and that he and his girl friend broke up. He looked at me and said OH WELL. After all, she was a perfectionist and we'll have none of that in this family. Just then I realize it has been awhile since I have seen my youngest child. I ask Megan who informs me he is stuck in a tree. THANKS

I go outside to save my baby just in time to see a stream of liquid coming from high up in the tree. I am thinking, he better have a squirt gun up there. He didn't and is grounded from climbing up the tree for a couple of days. He accepted his punishment and giggled a little bit when he was telling the other two what he had done. When I retold the events of the day to my husband, who of course wasn't here, we both started laughing.

It's never boring in this house that's for sure.

No comments: