Saturday, July 05, 2008

A Day of Rest

Fireworks
That best describes today after a fun filled busy day we had yesterday. Megan made a special jello for dinner last night. I have special step by step pictures I will post after I finish this one. I tried my hand at taking some pictures of the fireworks last night. I forgot my tripod so this is me lying on my back, balancing the camera on my chest and holding my breath. Not bad considering. The whole stadium was decorated with American flags. The fire department was giving free rides on the old fire trucks. The trucks would go around the block but what us passengers didn't know, was a little girl and her dad where taking aim at these trucks. All we would hear is Dad yelling NOW and she would giggle and hit the truck with water. I guess this is a tradition, we didn't know about it because we weren't there early enough last year to ride the trucks. The Lions club has the piggy ride that Jason loves to ride. You will see a picture below. They have a live band playing and Jason and the rest of the little kids (and some big kids) like to dance to the music. The fire works where fantastic and best of all, Steve made it home in time to enjoy it with us. Andrew and Skeeter came by the house later to enjoy our fireworks at the house. We love Andrew and Skeeter however Cheddar isn't as impressed with Skeeter.

Fireworks

Today Anthony went water skiing with his girlfriend and her family. He had a blast and came home sun burned. I can not get this child to wear sunscreen. The funniest thing is that his hair is so long that it covers his forehead. His nose and cheeks are burned and his forehead is as white as a babies boom boom. I will take a picture of it and post tomorrow. My batteries are on the charger.
Fire Truck

2008_0704night0090

No comments: