Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Weekend With Sunshine

And it felt great. Everyone was getting moody so Steve and I decided to go out and see the bald eagles and their babies that have made their nest's around here. Also, because of the deep snow in the mountains, the elk have been coming into town for food.
elk2 elk
We didn't see any eagles, bird watching with Jason was nearly impossible. He is totally incapable of not talking.
mad jay

We ended up going up the mountain a little bit and take a hike up the river. We found the river half frozen over which just makes good playing fun. It ended up with the ice breaking and two of the three kids in the river. Always prepared for these things. We stripped down Megan and Jason, wrapped them up in warm blankets and headed home. It was a good lesson in water safety.
ice1 ice3
ice2
The pictures I am posting are smaller then before. I was not happy with the quality of the Blogger uploads. So I am using a third party website to help me out. They have to be smaller pictures to get them to fit on the page. Someday I will change my layout to fit the bigger pics, but this will have to do for now.
ice4
Right before the fall
ice6
Megan wet from the waist down
ice5
Jason totally soaked

No comments: