Friday, April 11, 2008

Feels like Spring - Finally

Anthony has been out of school for the last two days for parent teacher conferences. He is doing really good in school and we couldn't be happier. We decided today to take him for a nature hike. It always amazes me how different the kids act when they have us to themselves. Anthony (and us too) had a good time. The joke was that if we spot a bear all they had to do was run faster then me. That would be easy because I would probably stop to take a picture. Speaking of pictures, I did get a lot of fun ones. It's really the first time at taking shots of birds, but I did get some hawks and geese. We thought the wind kicked up a bunch of leaves but it was really a ton of butterfly's. Very cool. This is a picture of one of the butterflies I spotted. Anthony was with me when I was taking it and it was very difficult for him to stay still and quite long enough for me to take some shots.
Butterfly
Another of Anthony, not sure what he is planing. It was so nice to be outside in the sunshine. I am not counting on it staying around, but will enjoy while it last.
Walk
Tonight is the girl scout Father Daughter Dinner Dance and it is a masquerade ball. As I write this they are there. Steve called to tell me they are having a problem with the sound system, so the girls are running and playing tag in their dresses. I wish Steve had the camera, but I really don't trust him with it. Ask him how many lunch boxes, jackets and flashlights have been left on trains. Megan looks nervous in these pictures and has been acting strange all day. Her old GS leader will be there and this woman is a piece of work. It's a long story and it just makes me mad to think about it, but Megan is scared of her and doesn't want to be in the same room with this woman. Complaining (myself and another Mom talked to the head office) doesn't help we where just blown off as trouble makers. Thank Goodness for Sue & Terri, Megan's new leaders. Both women are wonderful and Megan loves them. They have restored my faith in GS. Well, enough of that.
Father Daughter Dinner Dance

Father Daughter Dinner Dance

Father Daughter Dinner Dance
All of us are looking forward to the last Saturday we can sleep in. Soccer starts next weekend. Have a good evening.

p.s. Megan made the masks for her and her Dad.

No comments: