Friday, April 18, 2008

The Week is Almost Over

and I for one am glad. It's been both a good and bad week but I am going to focus on the good because thats what I want to do.

Lets start with my youngest. He had an eye appointment that he was very nervous about. I don't know why, he had so much fun there. He acted like he was in an arcade, but let me start from the beginning. We walk in and he goes right to the kids glasses and starts picking out the ones he likes (this kid has good taste). He modeled them for people in the waiting room. He gets to go in and be tested on some of the different machines and he is so excited that he had the girl laughing so hard. She hasn't worked with many kids. His words "This is so cool, just like a video game." We go to the next room with the really big machines and he REALLY liked those. I had to explain to both the girl and the Doctor that you can not ask him if the words are blurry. Of course, his answer will be yes, because he wants glasses. The Doctor does determine that the kid needs reading glasses. At this news, Jason jumps out of the chair, high fives the doctor, opens the door to yell to Julie (the sales girl) "I need them", she yells back "Lets go get them", he runs down the hall (big smile on his face) grabs the pair he really wants, sits down to get fitted and smiles until he finds out that it might take 2 weeks to get them. He was not happy with this news and she promised to call him as soon as they come in. Every day after school he has come home asking about his glasses. We'll see how he feels in a couple of weeks. Of course, pictures will follow.

Speaking of pictures, I have found another photographer in my family. Anthony, has really taken to photo editing. I have been having a good time showing him some of the different programs I have. He has done a really good job editing a couple. He has always been good with colors. When he was little he would go to the fabric store and help me pick out quilt fabric. He wants a new camera and has the same taste as I do. Let's just say it's going to be a little while.

Did I just mention my camera. Well, I have a new toy for it. Stop rolling your eyes, you know who you are. I guess I have mention a couple of times to a few people my strong desire for this. Finally Steve said "Buy the damn thing." So of course me being me, said Nahhhh I don't really need it. hehehe I was ordering our plane tickets to Sacramento and was getting very frustrated with the different airlines and this current airplane situation. After hours of trying to book a flight that didn't first go to Dallas, I decided I need to buy something for myself before I went postal. I bought myself a GorillaPod. A What?? Yes, a GorillaPod. It is a very cool tripod for your camera. Its really small so it will fit in my camera bag. The great thing about this is it's legs are flexible and you can use it on uneven surfaces. You can wrap the legs around a tree and it will stay. You can shape it all kinds of different ways, because Megan has played with it more then me. I did take pictures to share. I plan on taking tons of pics in Sac (I did finally book our flights) and of course this little guy is going with us. I do have a big tripod that I use, but I don't want to take that with us on hikes. I was a little bummed that it only comes in gray. The smaller one comes in lots of colors and I really wanted a blue one. Oh well.
DSCF0004 DSCF3362



DSCF3363 DSCF3364
So, thats all I have for now. I want to go outside and enjoy the sun, because we are suppose to have snow again next week.

No comments: