Thursday, September 11, 2008

Catching Our Breath

That is exactly what we are doing yesterday and today. It has been fairly calm but I know that will change in the next couple of days. They have found some family members but it is unclear weather or not the kids will be going with them. D thinks that they will be in this foster home for a while. I worked at the church yesterday and normally it is a good thing for me. Not yesterday. There are a couple of kids there that knew the shooter and was telling me what a nice guy he is. At first I thought it was sad for both the victims and the 18 year old shooter until I have read about his criminal record. He has a very violent past, including the 18 months he just finished serving for a 3rd degree assault charge. This is not very christian of me to say but I will say it anyway. I will let the church pray for the shooter who is an adult and made his decision that day. I am going to spend my time praying for the kids that had no say and now have no idea what life will hold for them. Sorry, I don't think this was a nice guy.

Another thing that has been going on in our lives. Our church is starting a preschool this year. I told them that if they need an aide I would love to do that job. So today I was offered and accepted a job as an assistant preschool teacher. It is only part time so I will still be home after school and have my summers off. With a little help from the zoo here, it should work out fine. There is a downside that everyone here isn't crazy about. I start at 7:30am....... But all three schools are within 3 blocks of the church so the kids can go with me then walk the rest of the way. During the warmer months they can ride their bikes from home.

So that is all I have for now. Please continue to Pray for D & K, they really need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kiddo,
I'm so proud of you and your family for giving D the love and support he needs.
You got a job, Cool.
You will be good at it.
Dad.