Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Weekend Report

I know it's Tuesday but it's the first chance I had to sit down and blog. Well, I should really be doing something else. I am going to be spending most of today making various zucchini recipe's. Yummmmm, I love zucchini bread and bars and zucchini is about the only thing that did wll in my garden this year. It just never really warmed up enough. Oh well, next year I will have my green house up and working.

Lets start with Friday. I do believe that was the calm before the storm. I worked on laundry and unfortunately I didn't check Anthony's pants. He was really tired from Thursday nights game and just threw his jeans in the basket. I ended up washing both his cell phone (this is his third) and his Ipod. Both are dead and we are looking into fixing the Ipod. He saved money from his Philly trip to buy that and I feel terrible. We we are not to worked up about the phone it was on its way out.

Saturday we where off to WA for Megan's Soccer game which they won 8-0. Rushed back home to get ready for the birthday party sleep over. She put it off until school started so she could invite all her friends. We had to push it back a couple of weeks because of D. Speaking of D, I took the two of them for the last bit of birthday shopping I still had to do. The two of them together in a store are such a pain. It was sad to watch how well they get along, how well they know each other and knowing that this is coming to an end this weekend. Anyway back to the party. 9 girls may still have been to many. Megan at one point asked me "why is everyone yelling." Megan has two groups of friends. The ones that are just like her. They would rather be thinking up some crazy game and sleeping outside. The other group (who makes up a lot of her soccer team) are the plastic's (her words not mine). The ones who are into boys, hair is perfect and texting on their cells. Megan is friends with both groups but the groups don't mix very well. However, they did well and the party was fun. She got some very cool and unique gifts. She even got a very cool marshmallow stick with a bag of marshmallows.


Sunday was the first day I started helping at the Sunday school. I am just a helper this year not a teacher and that is fine by me. They decided to cancel 1st communion class for the 2nd graders. It was a teacher issue. Charlene never anticipated how upset these 7 year olds where going to be. My son included. So they found a new teacher and it looks like a go. Here is the funny part. We had a youth mass that night and Father Christopher brought all the youth up on the alter (my 3 included). He asked them questions about stuff you see in the mass. All the older kids new the answers but it was Jason who was doing all the answering. So at the end of this Father Christopher hugged Jason and said you will make a fine priest. Yesterday during a church meeting the subject of 1st Communion class came up. Father Christopher looked at me and said that he couldn't have his future priest not receive communion on time. lol

I think that is it for now. Anthony appears not to have damaged any more brain cells. Although sometimes it's hard to tell. Ahhh yes, the teenage years. I need to get moving and get my oven turned on. It dropped below freezing last night and was 53 during the game. My house is COLD.

Here are some pics from the party.

Jason the door greeter:
2008_09200073

Her Cake, toooo much frosting:
2008_09200092

Pizza time:
2008_09200084

Bed time: Not the greatest picture
2008_09200120

2 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

What fun pictures! Adorable kids.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree.

-Jerry