Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy Saturday

I guess Fedex doesn't deliver on Saturdays so I am having to wait until Monday. I am just not going to think about it today.

I did something very unusual today. The kids and I bought Steve an espresso maker. I decided to make him a cup of his favorite coffee. The unusual part was that I read the directions before trying the machine. Well, ok, I read the directions after the first couple of tries. I figure that it cost about $20 to make his $3 cup of coffee. He says it was good. I wouldn't know I don't like coffee. What a good sport he was. His stomach was not happy after tyring all my attempts. It's amazing what you can accomplish by reading the directions. I wish I could say that I have learned my lesson.

New Years eve was a lot of fun. This town usually has a lock down party for the middle and high schoolers. This year they didn't do it. So, being the cool Mom that I am, I let Megan invite some of her friends over (boys and girls). The boys went home after midnight and the girls ended up spending the night. Lots of air hockey, wii, movies and food. I don't think the girls slept at all that night. Anthony hung out at his girl friends with her family. They made a big sled hill and did that durning the day. Her Grandfather made "bombing" taco's, his words. It was a fun way to celebrate the incoming new year.

I hope everyone enjoyed their New Years day. The next holiday is Valentines day and I am more the a little surprised at all the directions out in the stores.

No comments: