Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday"s Are Not My Favorite

You always think that the worst day is Monday but for me it's Tuesday. I just always seem to have a long list of things that need to be done on Tuesday's.

Today I am helping make enchilada's at the church. A lady who used to own a Mexican food restaurant came and taught Charlene and I how to make them. I know how to make enchilada's for my family, but we need to make about 200 and as cheaply as possible. This lady had the patience of a saint. Well, she was patient for a little while anyway. It was like a mother teaching her children how to cook. I commented later that she yelled at me about my tortilla wrapping skills and Charlene said she got yelled at about her sauce. Two years later and we are still making them and the teenagers love them. That is what I am doing today.

I just finished up with cutting all the fabric for a new quilt, I am starting. This one is a gift to myself. I was taking the comforter off my bed and putting the winter quilt on that my had grandmother made. I really stopped and looked at the comforter. I just started noticing that it looks kind of worn out. How long have I had this thing? We bought it right after we got married. Holy Cow, I need something new. I have had in mind a quilt that I wanted to make but just never got around to it. Santa brought me a quilting magazine for Christmas and it has a version of that quilt. That is my plan, to start working on this quilt and hopefully have it done by time it starts warming up.

In case your wondering, Steve and I will have been married 20 years next September. Anthony will be 16 next week. I can not be this old.

Have a good Tuesday.

No comments: