Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday and Family Dinner Night

I can't believe that the weekend is almost over. I am making the kids mad by proclaiming tonight family night. It is rare that Steve is here for a Sunday night dinner. He is home and I am making sure everyone else is too. The easiest way to bring my family together is to cook a great meal. Well, maybe not great but hot anyway.

I have a roast in the crockpot, twice baked potatoes (Anthony's favorite) olive cheese bread, carrots and a salad. Not sure what I am doing about desert yet but still working on that one.

I am sure you are waiting to hear if I have but the cookbook to use and the answer is yes. But here's the thing and maybe my only complaint about the cookbook. A good deal of the recipes where on her website already. I was really hoping for some new ones. That's ok though, because now I have them all in one place and not on separate pages shoved here and there. My Mom will appreciate that.

So far this week I have made her meatballs and chicken spaghetti. My family loves both of these and will be making them again. Not crazy about having to brown all those meatballs. Tonight's potatoes and bread are hers as well. Later in the week I will be posting to my cooking blog more details about the cookbook and my experience with it.

Yesterday we spent the day in Idaho watching Anthony wrestle. It was a long drive but worth it. He has really matured in his wrestling and it shows. It was a tough tournament. All but 2 of the 30 schools there where 5A teams and ours is a 4A. These 5A schools are big and have a lot of money behind them. Watching the boys wrestle really shows just the quality of our program. Our coaches really put their heart into it and you can see it in the boys.

We not only hung out at the tournament we hit Costco. It's really sad that we have to drive 2 hours to get to a Costco. I have totally restocked the house with all kinds of goodies and Steve is still in shock over the cost. So with that, I must go. This dinner is not going to cook itself and I will have angry kids if I made them come home for McDonald's.

Have a great Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Kiddo,
Taking good care of my grandchildren.
5 days between posts!!!!!!!!!!
Just kidding, I can see what a full life you have.
Dad.