Sunday, September 19, 2010

Little bit of Sports

When I got Anthony's football schedule I decided that I would be making all the games. In town and out of town. Except for one out of town game in Idaho. It's two hours away and it would be to hard to do that and have to get up the next morning and go to Washington for Megan's soccer game.
DSC_3597
I got a call Friday morning that Steve was on a dead head and coming home. Sorry, train talk. Dead head means he is in a car coming home instead of a train. They do this because either they have too many trains and not enough crews or not enough trains and need the crews to go home.
DSC_3628
So I get the call and Steve will be home in a couple of hours. Up until Friday I had never planned to go to this game. But with Steve coming home......maybe we could pull it off and I would not have to do all the driving. We decided, let's go. I called Anthony while he was on the bus and let him know. He sounded generally happy that we would be there.
DSC_3633
Now, I have talked about small town living, but this is a small town. We had assumed that the game would be at the high school, but we were wrong. We ended up driving through the town of 5,000 people. All we had to do to find the field was follow the people wearing red. Yes, the whole town was there. I laughed that our kids would be easy to spot. They were they only ones wearing blue.

This team is a tough team. Being in a small town in a remote area, we don't have a lot of teams to choose from to play. Our league only has 4 teams total. We play other teams not in our league to gain experience. These teams from Idaho that we play are at the top of their leagues. So having said that, the Tigers lost 41-0. But there is a bright side to that. They lost by less then they lost last year. And their injuries where far less then last year. As a mother, I don't understand why we play these teams. Steve and Anthony explain it to me and I don't care. I don't want my baby all beat up for a game that doesn't count.

On to soccer.
DSC_3705

DSC_3709

DSC_3768
Megan played two games this Saturday and won both. Both these teams made them fight for the wins. I often hear parents talk about liking soccer because it is safer to play. I sat next to the parents of Megan's good friend, as the Mom talked about her oldest soccer player. This girl has suffered 4 head concussions last year and she is out of soccer for good. My daughter made a killer save and hurt her knee.
DSC_3703
But this is not why I mention this. Brittney, Megan's team mate is in the hospital today. They where not sure last night, but it looks like her spleen has ruptured. Our prayers go to Brittney and her family for a speedy recovery.

Here is Jason. He could care less about the football or soccer game. He just loves hanging out with his buds and eating nachos.
DSC_3720

No comments: