Wednesday, January 02, 2008

NO NO NO, Snow Not Ice

When we moved here, we envisioned big fluffy drifting snow flakes that fell softly to the ground. The kind that you enjoy while looking out the front window with a cup of hot chocolate in your hand. I never wanted the kind of snow that when mixed with wind it comes down sideways and hurts your face. And I NEVER asked for the kind of weather we are having right now. We have 45 to 65 mph winds and all that pretty snow has turned to ice. There is an inch of ice on the street in front of the house and the back alley is about the same. The only good that comes from this is that the schools are all closed and I don't have to work at the church today. Of course I had to slide my way to the school to find out it was closed. I shouldn't be complaining because when you look at other parts of the country and the weather they are having, mine looks pretty mild. And as my daughter pointed out before she went back to bed, "at least we still have power." Here are a couple of pictures of the roads this morning. The white is not snow it is ice.

This is the street in front of the house.

This is the alley behind the house. Steve brought home some spikes that strap to my shoes so that I won't fall getting to the car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.