Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snowy Sunday

Well, yes it is snowing again. I have some pictures but I am working on Anthony's peter and the pics are one my peter. Back to the weather report: we can get up to 7 inches tonight, high winds and a wind chill of -9. We are getting pretty used to this weather. Today I had all my drivers ed flash before my eyes. I was traveling very slowly as the roads are very icy. Coming down a small hill I started to slide off to my right toward a parked car. I stepped on my brakes lightly which started my car into a spin. It took a couple of seconds and lots of sliding before I got it back into control. No accident and everything was good, until I saw the car behind me (traveling WAY to close to me) do a 180 spin and ended up in a snow drift. A lesson in slow down and don't follow to close. Snow tires and 4 wheel drive does not mean you will be OK. As was the case, we both had snow tires and they where in a 4 x 4.

On to more fun stuff. Anthony's birthday cake is ready and looks very yummy. He requested his favorite enchiladas (which are mine) for dinner tomorrow night. He opened his presents today, because Steve ended up having to go to work tonight. When he comes back from this trip he will start his vacation. He got some speakers for his mp3, a new game for his ds and a new bike which we will be picking up this week. He also got some spending money from Deder and Regular Grandma and Grandpa. His spending money is for Philly. His party is going to be next weekend. We are taking him and a couple of his friends up sledding and maybe snow mobile riding.

Have a good day off tomorrow, and I will of course post some pics of the birthday boy.

No comments: