Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Only one more day

I can't believe that there is only one more day left of my parents visit. I looked forward to it all summer and it is almost over. I had lots of plans that we where going to do while they where here and we did none of them. We sat around and talked for the most part. We also hit most of the restaurant's in town. In part because of kids schedule and partly because we just didn't want to cook. That seems to be the theme of our visits. Last year while in Sacramento we hit almost every fast food joint and a couple of nice places too. One place we hit 3 times, man how I love Jim Boy Tacos.

My Dad has been on a computer fix it mission since he has been here. First off he brings us a lab top that he has restored then he worked on Anthony's peter for awhile. Who knows what we did to screw that one up. Now he is working on mine. It has been a while so it needed just to be cleaned out and redone. It also was in need of a new hard drive. So that is why I haven't been posting any pictures. I am amazed at my Dads talent for computers. While here, he picked up a lab top at a garage sale. The man paid $5 for it and was told the thing was shot. Dad replaced a couple of things and now it works. I wish I could do that. I joked when he had heart surgery that nothing could happen to him, my computer wasn't working right. So when all this is said and done, I will have 2 hard drives and double the space. I wonder how long it will take me to fill both hard drives. HEHEHE

Speaking of pictures, we where talking about them right? As I said, my pictures are on the hard drive that is being moved to my backup up drive. Which means, worst case, I could lose them, Why didn't I back them all up? I have 3 kids with full schedules. I told my Mom last night that if I lose them all, I will be OK. This would not be the worse thing that has ever happened. I have some backed up on Flickr. I will be OK. So late last night, my hard drive move is done. After about 1/2 hour of looking for the picture folder, I found them. They are all there and unharmed. I am breathing a sigh of relief that I don't have to test my theory.

As for the rest of my day. Today is the last day for summer rec soccer, but select starts. Anthony is doing another football camp but this one is in town. Football practice officially starts next week. 3 weeks of summer vacation is left and I for one do not want school to start.

Welcome home Julie. I am glad you are out of the hospital and home recovering. So much for simple surgery's and there will be no more of that.

No comments: