Sunday, August 31, 2008

Trying To Fit It All In

The last days of summer are upon us. I for one am looking forward to fall but not looking forward to school. Steve took the weekend off (something he normally would not do) and we are spending it doing family things. There is no housework, yard work or anything else of that nature going on here. We are relaxing and playing as a family.

Yesterday we headed up to Idaho to the water park there. We had a blast going to down all the slides and playing in the water. The weather was perfect and thank goodness we went yesterday and not today. It is cold here. I am nursing my shoulder today. We took some tubes out in the wave pool, went as deep as we could and hung on to each other for dear life. My shoulder took a good beating and poor Anthony smashed into the wall and crushed his nose. He thankfully didn't break it, but he took a trip to the medic area. We are all tanned and a little sunburned today.

Tonight's activities will take us to the closing night at the drive in. They close the season with a triple feature, so we will be there until after 2am. We meet up with another family and watch it together. A third family may join us tonight. The movies tonight are: Wall*E, Handcock and Ironman. We have seen them all but I guess that really isn't the point. It will be cold out there tonight but always fun.

A quick football note: Anthony's team was killed 30-7 and the varsity 39-7. I guess the team they played is one of the best in Idaho. I didn't go to this game but will be at the next one so don't worry I will have pictures. Megan also starts soccer on the 6th and I am sure I will have a picture or two.


Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day Weekend!!!!!

No comments: