Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year

It is a beautiful New Years day here in Eastern Oregon. The sun is out, snow (or should I say ice) is on the ground and it is a warm 10 degrees.

Megan headed out to a friends house last night and I stayed in with the boys. Anthony was not at all happy with me. The roads are frozen over and I refused to let him head out to his girlfriends house. I pulled my mother on him. I quoted all the facts about drunk drivers, accidents, crazy drivers and add ice on the roads. When I say ice, I don't mean just a little ice. You can put on your skates and play hockey in front of our house.

Yes, I know I let Megan go to her friends. Their family only lives 5 minutes from our house. We did have a good time however. We watched a movie and being the mother that I am, I let the boys try a little champagne. Don't worry they did not like it. We played Sorry until 2am. I am proud to say that Jason and I beat Anthony and he is starting to look for a rematch. We were missing Steve because he had to work.

I hope that 2011 brings lots of joy and happiness. I know that I am beginning 2011 realizing that I have become my mother.

Happy New Years!!!!!!!

No comments: