Saturday, January 08, 2011

What is That???

Is just what I said when I got out of the car the other night.  We have had snow/ice on the ground for the last couple of weeks.  In fact it's snowing now.  As I got out of the car I noticed some animal tracks by our trailer.  We woke up to deer tracks all over the lawn a couple of days ago.  But this was nooooo deer tracks.  I wanted to get my camera but really really just wanted to go back in the house. 

Both my neighbor and Anthony agree, cougar tracks.  They are most definitely not dog or house cat tracks.  We have had a bunch of stray cats around but I have not seen them lately.  However, they could have moved on because of the low temperatures.  We live close enough to the forest that cougar's are not uncommon.  Maybe that is why Cheddar doesn't want to go outside.  But I really think he just doesn't want to get his paws wet.

No comments: