Wednesday, January 05, 2011

School Day Shot

Jason has been the model student.  Blowing through his work and doing it right.  Listening and even understanding what I am trying to teach him.  It's been wonderful.  So today, while we were working a math problem together, we see water spray through the air.  It seems that the drain pipe to my washer was frozen.  Thank goodness we were standing right there or it would have flooded out my kitchen.

Jason got the towels and I started cleaning up the water.  I moved both the washer and dryer so I could clean under them.  Yeah, I am never happy about having to do that.  So this means our school day is shot.  Jason happily helped me clean up the kitchen, clean out the closet so someone (not me) could get under there and thaw the pipe.  It's just the one pipe that freezes and we thought we had gotten that fixed two years ago. But I guess when you spend the week with temperatures right around 10 degrees this is bound to happen.

After we got everything cleaned up and the thawing process started, Jason looked at me and said "Mom, you look beat.  Don't worry about finishing up with school.  You should go rest and watch a movie."  What a thoughtful kid.  Little does he know that he has to finish tomorrow what he didn't get done today.

No comments: