Monday, June 09, 2008

Monday Morning

Schools out but no sleeping in for me. Anthony still has football going on. He does weight training at 8am the practice at 3:30pm. He is skipping a couple of practices so that he can still play baseball. There is still a couple of games left.

We really enjoyed the sunshine yesterday. The kids and I played a round of mini golf and then went out for dinner. The reason for dinner out was my wonderful stove. The handle came off yesterday and when I tried to fix it I managed to take the whole door off. To make a long story short, it's not going back on without the help of Steve. So no stove for the next couple of days. Not a problem, just need to change my menu around a bit. But last night I was totally not in the mood for cooking. I worked on that %$@# thing for a couple of hours. However, I did get the handle back on it. Thanks Dad for your help.

Steve is in California with his family. He will be back in a couple of days. He flew out of Boise, which is a lot closer then we thought. We might be spending a lot more time there this summer. They have a very cool water park. Anthony wants to go check out the college because Boise State is on his short list. Also, they have a Carls Jr's, there and we hadn't eating there in 3 years. Mom - how did we miss that place last year? On my visit to Sacramento last year, we managed to hit most fastfood places in our quest to not cook.

Congratulations to Andrew (Deter) he is graduating from high school today. I am so bummed not to be there, but Steve is. He promised to take lots of pictures for me. We are so proud of you. We still remember the day you graduated from preschool. You where so cute (what happened) when you stood with your class and sang "Shinning Waters". Ask you uncle, he will sing it for you. Here is a couple of pictures for you. Isn't he handsome and yes that is his girlfriend. The first one I think you are about 5 and the last one we took this past April.
image0
picture did scan very well
2008_0426sacramento0250

No comments: