Monday, May 05, 2008

It's Spring

It finally looks like spring here. The trees are in bloom and we actually have some flowers. It is still getting down in the freezing levels at night, so no veggie garden going in yet. I have plants in all my windows waiting to be planted outside. We are waiting for the snow up on the mountain to melt back a little more. We have some trails marked out that we want hike, but it is still a little too snowy.

It was a good and busy weekend. Jason's parade was very cute. It is the first time Steve and I watched it with no kids with us. As a result no one was throwing us candy, bummer. Megan went with her coach to her soccer game and we met them there. They lost all three games and her hand got stepped on at the end of the 3rd game. Nothing broken, but it was pretty swollen. This team they played is very good. However, the ref's weren't calling offsides, pushing or anything else for that matter. One girl from the other team had a very bad attitude, her mother is the ref, and I was a little surprise on how she spoke to her mother. Anyway, when this girl tried to score a goal and Megan caught the ball, my sweet precious little girl hissed at her like an angry cat. We on the side lines laughed and pretended to not notice. I explained to her later, that while it was funny, she could get carded for that. Anthony stayed in town to do window washing with the football team. Some lady paid them to do the windows on her chicken coup, inside and out. Anthony, being the only incoming freshman in his group, had to do the inside. I guess the chickens decided they didn't want their windows washed because they started to attack. One of his friends was laughing so hard telling me the story. I really wish I was there, with my camera of course.

I am doing some spring cleaning today. My house needs it badly. Have a good Monday.


2008_0503baseball-soccer0003

No comments: