Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Marsh

Birds in the Marsh
It is a beautiful morning up here today. The mountains around us are green from all the rain and snow. You can see the cattle grazing on the mountain tops and it is warm enough for shorts. By Saturday I may be singing a different tune because it is suppose to get up near 90 degrees. What happened to the spring weather.

Tuesday Steve and I went for a long walk out at the marsh. I took a bunch of pictures of the different birds out there right now. Steve was a good sport about standing around and waiting for me while I snapped pictures. He even threw a rock, not at the bird just close, so I could get a picture of it with his wings opened. I missed the shot and Steve found out it wasn't a rock he threw. It was geese poop. I may have lost my assistant. lol Next trip we will remember the mosquito repellent. After about an hour, Steve was convinced he was catching West Nile. Heyyy wait a minute that is my line.

Yesterday I went to the middle school plant sale. The eighth graders clean out and fix up the green house and the seventh graders are responsible for planting all the plants. It is a great deal and the plants are really good ones. All the money they make goes back into the green house for next year. The money raised from this sale is the only way they get to have this program. The town really supports this project. I got my tomato plants, all my spices, a jalapeno, some zucchini and a bunch of flowers. Steve is home today so we are going to go back during Anthony's shift and get some more stuff. After it is all done today, their teacher will let the kids take whatever is left over. I got a ton of stuff last year, and we ended up sharing with Andrew (the pirate at Jason's party). He pouted until I shared my oregano with him last year. This year I am prepared.

Have a good day and enjoy the weather before it gets to hot.

No comments: