Friday, May 30, 2008

One More Week

And we can't wait for the end of school. The next week will be crazy and you can feel the excitement in the kids. The first few weeks of summer vacation will be just as crazy. Today was Jason's talent show. He went up and belted out "Take me out to a ball game." He did great.


Megan's class had their Kingdom of Reads A lot Party today. She met her reading goal and was crowned princess. The boy and girl who read the most was crowned queen and king. Steve and I helped set up and handle the food. This was a great way to get the kids motivated to read.

2008_0530temporary40007
Yesterday Steve and I hung out at the library (always fun without kids) and got a bunch of books. I got some reading but mostly quilting books. I have so many projects I want to do. Megan found a paper pieced square she wants to try. That may be a good summer project for us to do together.

Here is another picture of Jason and his friend before they go on stage. She read a really cute poem.
2008_0530temporary40008

No comments: