Sunday, May 18, 2008

Not So Bad After All

I was not looking forward to today. It is a church tradition for the families of the 1st grade (next years first communion class) make brunch for the families of this years First communion class. Well today was that day. Here is why I wasn't looking forward to it. The temps today where in the upper 80's. We had to use both the grill and the ovens with no air conditioner vents in the kitchen. There was only 4 of us, because the next communion class is going to be a very small one. In the spirit of our church, we open the brunch to everyone who was at mass and wants to come. So we had to be prepared for about 100 people and we ended up with just a little under that. It went very smoothly. It was hot, but really not that bad. Since Steve had to work, Anthony volunteered to help. He and the other families two sons set the tables, cut the strawberries and helped the Dad make french toast. They helped clean off the tables and while we washed dishes the boys played some games. I am really proud of Anthony for helping us out.

We where both tired and hot when we got home. So we grabbed Megan and Jason and headed off to the pool. No pictures of that because I swam and had a good time with them. I was told that I am not as much fun as Dad, but I wasn't that bad. I didn't feel like spending anymore time in the kitchen so we went to DQ for dinner and ice cream. Megan and I finished reading "Little House on the Prairie" tonight. We have been reading the book together for the last week. She didn't think she was going to like it but ended really enjoying the book. We are going to keep working on the series.

I hope everyone had a nice and not to hot weekend.

No comments: