Saturday, May 10, 2008

A quick update

I am up way to early for a Saturday. Megan and I where up at 5:30am. She is off on her girl scout trip and she is very excited. She will be back tomorrow afternoon.

Yesterday I worked at the school in the morning and Jason's teacher asked me to go with them over to the high school. The Oregon symphony was here and was going to play for the kids. They managed to squeeze 1400 kids in the gym. The music was wonderful, but the kids got bored about 45minutes into to show. We started to have kids dropping shoes under the bleachers (we where at the very top). They where so cute. The excitement about just getting to go to the high school. The Oregon Symphony has been coming to the schools for the last couple of months and introducing different instruments to the kids. They also gave the kids a chance to ask questions and play the instruments themselves. I even got to play with them on percussion day.

Today we are going up to the college to meet the football players. It's something they do every year and both kids are looking forward to it. Anthony has lots of questions. He is already thinking about colleges and what sport he wants to play. He loves football and basketball but I think his true love may be baseball. He was playing football during lunch yesterday and ran into the chain link fence. He has a big bump and cut on his forehead. I am surprise that the kid has not broken anything yet.

I need to get moving. I have to be at the soccer field with snacks. Even though Megan isn't here we still need to do snacks. I don't have any new pictures to share. I have cleaned them all off my peter so that I can work on it. Hopefully we will be doing that today.

No comments: